Saturday 4 October 2014

Autumn wishlist: Midi Skirts

I have always been a supporter of midi skirts (I think most of my skirts and dresses come below my knee), probably because I am not so proud of my legs' structure, but certainly due to my big love for the 50s and 60s, and they remind me of all those female screen legends of the history of the cinema, as Audrey Hepburn,  V. Leigh or Rita Hayworth and how elegant they look in their midi skirts. 
Therefore, I couldn't resist not to buy one more this fall since they are very popular (and probably a trend, or maybe from last year?!.).well, I am not a fashion expert, I have my own mixed easy going style, but I enjoy checking fashion blogs to keep me updated!, so I read somewhere that this year the rocking combo would be oversized knits and midi skirts! My height, only 1.64 , unfortunately does not permit me to wear them both at the same time, or I will look like a miserable potato, But here I am, trying to hit, a more appropriate to my dimensions, look!



Skirt and Shirt from New look, Ankle Boots Marc Jacobs, Black cardigan NAF NAF, Denim Shirt from H&M, Leopard slip ons Vans

I loved these combinations from Zara:




Asos has a wonderful collection of midi skirts for all budgets: 



Some more blog inspirations :










and you?? Do you like midi skirts? How would you wear it: high heels or flat slip ons?

Have a wonderful weekend!




25 comments:

  1. I am such a fan of this look!!! I think of it as classic and just plain pretty! I have yet to get one but I would love to now that I am not having anymore beans and can focus on putting myself back together a bit! Thanks for sharing these looks friend! And a lovely weekend to you! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Πόσο μετανιωσα που δεν αγορασα αυτη τη λαδί απο το Zara!Ελπίζω να τη ξαναβρω..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kαλησπέρα Γιωργία μου!Μού αρέσουν πολύ οι midi φούστες,ιδίως τόν Χειμώνα μέ μπότες καί μέ ψηλές γόβες!Λάτρεψα καί εγώ τήν λαδί φούστα!!
    Καλή εβδομάδα!Καλά νά περνάς εκεί ψηλά!Φιλάκια!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't own any midi skirt but I think they look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous midi skirts! This with quilted part is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love midi skirts! Especially the pvc type and I would team it with simple heels! :-D
    www.mylattedays.com
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the combination the Asos
    http://retromaggie.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wasn't their biggest of fans when they came back in vogue, though they are starting to become more and more appealing. I'm also the same height as you and on me they look awful because I'm so short!

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. you post some lovely midis here ;) as I´m petite I prefer to wear them with heels

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love midi skirts! I didn't used to like them. Love all the looks and pieces! xo

    www.chasing-peonies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love midi skirts. My fall wish list includes midi skirts, monogram sweaters, moto jackets, and smoking slippers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful Selection! Love the Skirts :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sono onorata che ti sia piaciuto il mio set! A presto!
    Baci,
    Coco
    Coco et La vie en rose / Bloglovin / Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice selection!!! I love midi skirts!!
    Have a nice day!! my g+ for you!!!:)))

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Πραγματι πολύ σικάτες οι midi φουστες!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Αυτή με το καπέλο το μαύρο σκίζει! Την αντέγραψα :) Καλημέρα Georgia. Έψαξα να βρω λίστα ιστολογίων για να γραφτώ ως μέλος, αλλά δεν έχεις, μήπως να έφτιαχνες; Σε ευχαριστώ για την επίσκεψη σου στο blog μου. Θα χαρώ να τα λέμε :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Στο bloglovin είδες??η χαράδική μου!

      Delete
  17. I tend to wear pants and dresses rather than skirts but I have been admiring the midi skirts especially the pleated ones in magazines. So much inspiration here - I'm tempted to get one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Have a great Weekend Georgia :) ,big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that skirt with the leopard Vans.
    So cool and chic at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Μ αρέσουν αλλά με τακούνια !!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. hey! nice inspirations..
    love the purple one with the black leather jacket!


    www.letiziabarcelona.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love midi skirts!!
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete