I am writting this post to share with you my new discovery ! Ever since my pregnancy I fret about all the nasty ingredients in conventional beauty products... Therefore, I started relying on natural and bio-organic material...at least whenever they live up to their promises! And I guarantee that the green clay works wonders!
I was aware of its remarkable effects as detoxifier and purifier, as an extraordinary component in hair and skin masks. But my physiotherapist (I had a very bad tibia fracture on September and still undergo a rehabilitation program) introduced me to another of its extraordinary powers: it is very effective in relieving muscular or joint pains and indeed relaxing the muscles. I apply it around my feet, wrap it with a cotton cloth and leave it for 1 hour, or even overnight! When I rinse it I really feel the difference!
However, its amazing benefits go beyond the deep cleansing and revitalizing actions:
1. As a bacteria-destroying agent it can render contaminated water innocuous.
2. Can be used as a body deodorant (the odor disappears)
3. Its antiseptic powers make it the perfect choice for cuts, burns, bruises and infections
4. It acts like a sponge and a sticky paper for chemicals, pollutants, toxins.
5. It can be a great remedy for ulcer (you can even prepare a tea out of it!)
6. It encourages weight loss (perfect for cellulite treatment)
7. Ideal for age spots and sun damage.
I know, it might seem messy, since the powder must be mixed with water to form a spreadable mass, but you can opt for a clay product in a tube, which works fine as well. Here is what I also use:
It is extremely cheap, less than 10€/kg. You can buy it at the pharmacy, special natural "bottegas", or even online here.
Do you know other remedies of the green clay ? I am so interested to know!
Have a nice weekend!