Friday 14 March 2014

Green clay: The caddle of life

I am writting this post to share with you my new discovery ! Ever since my pregnancy I fret about all the nasty ingredients in conventional beauty products... Therefore, I started relying on natural and bio-organic material...at least whenever they live up to their promises! And I guarantee that the green clay works wonders! 




I was aware of its remarkable effects as detoxifier and purifier, as an extraordinary component in hair and skin masks. But my physiotherapist (I had a very bad tibia fracture on September and still undergo a rehabilitation program) introduced me to another of its extraordinary powers: it is very effective in relieving muscular or joint pains and indeed relaxing the muscles. I apply it around my feet, wrap it with a cotton cloth and leave it for 1 hour, or even overnight! When I rinse it I really feel the difference!

However, its amazing benefits go beyond the deep cleansing and revitalizing actions: 

1. As a bacteria-destroying agent it can render contaminated water innocuous.
2. Can be used as a body deodorant (the odor disappears)
3. Its antiseptic powers make it the perfect choice for cuts, burns, bruises and infections
4. It acts like a sponge and a sticky paper for chemicals, pollutants, toxins.
5. It can be a great remedy for ulcer (you can even prepare a tea out of it!)
6. It encourages weight loss (perfect for cellulite treatment)
7. Ideal for age spots and sun damage.

I know, it might seem  messy, since the powder must be mixed with water to form a spreadable mass, but you can opt for a clay product in a tube, which works fine as well. Here is what I also use:



It is extremely cheap, less than 10€/kg. You can buy it at the pharmacy, special natural "bottegas", or even online here.

Try some of the DIY masks here, here , here or here

Do you know other remedies of the green clay ? I am so interested to know!

Have a nice weekend! 

19 comments:

  1. You have just made me want to go out and buy this! Seriously! I so love finding products that are good for you! The chemicals in beauty products make me crazy! Thanks for sharing this one friend! A wonderful weekend to you! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before pregnancy I was more careless about the chemicals in beauty products...then I got more informed, and now I try hard not to use them when I can find a good alternative! I will share more of my natural discoveries in the future!
      stay tuned!:)

      Delete
  2. Εγώ χρησιμοποιώ μασκα προσώπου με πράσινη άργιλο της Apivita και την λατρεύω! Καθαρίζει σε βαθος και αφήνει απαλό το δέρμα. Για το σώμα μα θέλω να ψάξω!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Υπέροχη λύση και για την κυταρίτιδα!

      Delete
  3. I have used green organic clay ever since I was a teenager, it's always been part of my weekly skin routine, I couldn't live without my clay mask!
    Mafalda ❤
    http://mafaldadotzero.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know it had so much functions! Thanks for sharing!
    Have a nice Sunday :)
    Oriana

    www.stylexis.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to do green clay mask when I was teenager. I think it was a tablespoon of clay and a teaspoon of light yoghurt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your vote, Georgia! I really appreciate it!
    Oriana xxx

    www.stylexis.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime! For all visitors of my blog please vote
      http://www.stylexis.com/2014/03/the-contest-blogger-we-want-you.html

      Delete
  7. i really like green clay mask for my oily skin. Best so far !!!! Would you like to follow each other on Bloglovin :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was so interesting, i had no idea about the product. I am grateful for your kind comment over at mine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love when I can find natural solutions to replace chemical ones! I think it really has a long term impact on my health. This was something new for me--- that for educating me on the wonders of green clay!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in love with natural treatments, it makes me feel better when I use them :) hope you'll get better with your tibia and good luck for your rehab! How about following each other via GFC/Bloglovin'/Instagram/FB page? I would love to :) just let me know on my blog and I'll make sure to follow back asap! Have a nice day babe xx
    Isotta
    Red Velvet | Bloglovin' | Instagram | Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already did! thank you for stopping by! >(

      Delete
  11. I've never heard of this before, it seems like a great product!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like organic makeup and beauty products too! Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog :)

    xxx
    E from Helsinki, Finland
    http://dragonflyelisabeth.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never heard about green clay, so thank you for sharing details about this product.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well who knew the things you put on your face can actually relieve you of some horrible pain? And this is as green as it gets, literally, so there's no way this could be bad for you. Anything that keeps pain away is awesome in my book, as it prevents people from feeling awful. But in this case, they'd feel even better to find out that this can make them beautiful. Thanks for the tip!
    Bryan Kelly @ CKPhysio.co.uk

    ReplyDelete