Saturday 16 August 2014

Coat rack on demand

I am on a mission to find the "right" coat rack, after my husband's repetitive request  for a hanger up on our hallway. I am in love with the design classic Eames "hang it all", but I find myself in difficulty to decide between the playful multicoloured hooks on a white wire frame or the sophisticated monochromatic walnut balls on a black steel version.. What is your pick?



The Eames first hanger was designed in 1953 as children's furniture for a playhouse line. A couple of years ago, an original vintage Eames Hang-it-All was sold at an auction for $2125!

Here are some pinterest ideas:









And for those who think that an authorised reproduction is an extravagant buy, there are plenty of replicas on the web, or even better for the artistic spirits over there, why don't you try to create one by yourself?




40 comments:

  1. Ok friend I was thinking walnut until I saw that second photo of the colored piece in the white hallway with the red farm lights!! How outstanding is that! Such a cool piece! Let us know what you go with! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the colourful one is absolutely great on a white wall! You could buy the colored one and some time after, when you'll be tired of it, you can paint it brown or black. ;-D Or otherwise, you can take wooden one and colour it when you're tired of it ;-)
    :-*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Defo go walnut - it will go with everything as your home evolves and colour schemes change - that would be my pick! I'm totally coveting this one at the moment - http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/woodendesigns/product/wooden-coat-rack-six-hook

    blommabloglondon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the colourful coat rack!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like them both. But if I wear to pick only one. I would probably take the Defo go walnut.

    Thank you so much for your comment on my blog :)

    <3 <3 from Vienna,
    Mahshid مهشید


    http://www.facebook.com/thanks2fashion
    http://www.thankstofashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote for the monochromatic walnut balls! It's simple and it's easy to design around it! Good luck! :)

    Jen
    http://wildforwhite.blogspot.com/2014/05/jennica-wanders-in-boracay.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kαλώς σέ βρήκα Γεωργία μου!Πολύ όμορφες καί οι δύο κρεμάστρες!
    Σέ ευχαριστώ πολύ γιά τό σχόλιό σου!Καλά νά περνάς!Φιλιά!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Curioas perchas...un saludo desde Murcia..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these! I'd go for the coloured one for sure!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super fun and the spacing seems so functional!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Functional and attractive too! I remember my Mum had the coloured ones at one time. I wish she had kept them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The multicoloured by far!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow , That is seriously lovely . Even it is work as beautiful show piece with these beautiful colours . Travel Goa Tour Packages

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love it! nice idea, cute and colorful!


    www.letiziabarcelona.com

    ReplyDelete